Our goal at Chatham Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy, is to provide the best possible care, helping each patient return to an active, rewarding and pain‑free life. To accomplish this goal, we have put together a carefully selected team of talented therapists and staff who are dedicated to the principle of serving our patients’ needs by offering continuous improvement in care that is thorough, personal and efficient.
Our physical therapists understand the unique demands of each patient and athlete. We utilize an eclectic treatment approach to correct biomechanical faults in joint mobility, muscular strength, flexibility and endurance. We are experts in treating all orthopaedic and sports injuries, as well as post-operative rehabilitation.
- Electrical stimulation to assist with muscle re-education
- Ultrasound for pain management and improved blood flow to injured tissue
- Iontophoresis for anti-inflammatory treatment
- Traction to reduce pressure in the spine when spinal arthritis or disc injuries are present
- Kinesio Tape, an elastic, latex-free tape lasting 3-5 days that may re‑educate the neuromuscular system, reduce pain and promote healing and lymph flow
- Custom orthotics assessment and fitting
Our occupational therapists realize that the needs of each patient vary greatly from case to case and create programs specifically designed to help each patient return to their normal, daily activities. We strive to help our patients overcome any mental or physical disabilities they may be experiencing to drastically improve their quality of life.
Chatham Sports Medicine offers a full service hand therapy clinic. Every patient will receive a thorough assessment and individualized treatment program. Chatham Sports Medicine believes that quality care is best delivered through a hands-on approach. Our therapist-to-patient ratio is one-to-one; therefore, patients will spend a majority of their clinic time in direct contact with the therapist. Several specialized services are available, including whirlpool, impairment rating and a private wound treatment area.
Chatham Sports Medicine utilizes top-of-the-line equipment to rehabilitate patients. Simply put, we treat the best with the best. Click the links below to learn more about our specialty physical therapy equipment.
Upon physician referral, you will be evaluated by a physical therapist to determine the cause of your pain and injury. The evaluation includes:
- A review of your medical history
- A review of the test results from your surgeon
- An interview with you about your injury, limitations and pain
- A clinical evaluation of the range of motion, strength, neurological status, ligament integrity and movement patterns
Following your evaluation, your physical therapist will outline a specialized plan of care to help you get back to what you love.
What to Bring
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete registration, and bring the following items with you:
- The written, current referral from your physician
- Insurance card
- Claim number
- Any pertinent billing information
- Comfortable, loose clothing (patient gowns and shorts are available)
- Daily and recreational shoes (for lower extremity diagnosis)