D’Mitri Sofianos, M.D.
During residency and spine fellowship, D’mitri Sofianos, M.D., received comprehensive training from the Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery and Neurosurgery in all aspects of spine care, including the latest minimally invasive techniques and state-of-the-art instrumentation for both the cervical and lumbar spine.
Dr. Sofianos has published numerous scientific articles and book chapters. Additionally, he has been welcomed internationally as a visiting surgeon and educator in various countries, including Burma, Australia, and Ghana.
Dr. Sofianos has a special interest in treatment of the aging spine and minimally invasive microsurgery.
Education & Certifications
- Vanderbilt University
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- University of Utah Health Sciences Center Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Salt Lake City, Utah
- AO in Spine Surgery, University of Southern California Comprehensive Spine Center
Los Angeles, California
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North American Spine Society
- AOspine North America
- Southern Medical Association
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society