Ronald H. Levit, M.D.
Ronald H. Levit, M.D., completed specialty training in hand & upper extremity surgery at the Curtis National Hand Center, a prestigious program in Baltimore, Maryland, designated by Congress as The National Center for the Treatment of the Hand and Upper Extremity. Dr. Levit is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon and has received a Certificate of Added Qualification in hand surgery.
Dr. Levit utilizes the most advanced minimally invasive procedures to treat common upper extremity conditions, in addition to many common general orthopaedic problems and conditions. Most of his procedures are performed on an outpatient basis under regional anesthesia, allowing for a more pleasant surgical experience.
Dr. Levit also provides specialized medical care for many of the areas collegiate and high school athletes. He is an active member at Memorial University Medical Center, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Candler Hospital and Effingham Hospital. Dr. Levit’s goal is for his patients to resume their normal level of activity and participation in sports as quickly and painlessly as possible, while providing a relaxed, caring medical setting.
Education & Certifications
- Pennsylvania State University
State College, Pennsylvania
- University of Maryland at Baltimore
- University of Texas Health Science Center
San Antonio, Texas
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Curtis National Hand Center, Union Memorial Hospital
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- ABOS Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Southern Orthopaedic Society
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- American Medical Association