During residency and fellowship, D’mitri Sofianos, M.D., received comprehensive training from the Departments of Neurosurgery and Orthopaedic Surgery in all aspects of spine care, from motion preservation correction surgery to the latest minimally invasive techniques and state-of-the-art instrumentation for both the cervical and lumbar spine. Additionally, he treats a wide range of muscular and skeletal trauma.
Dr. Sofianos has published numerous scientific articles and book chapters on orthopaedic and spine surgery. With AOspine North America, he has helped develop a software database to track and report patient outcomes to improve spine care. Additionally, he has been welcomed internationally as a visiting surgeon and educator in various countries, including Burma, Australia and Ghana.
Dr. Sofianos has a special interest in treatment of the ageing spine and motion preservation procedures in the cervical and lumbar spine, including disc replacement, laminoplasty and minimally invasive microsurgery.
- Vanderbilt University
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- University of Utah Health Sciences Center Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Salt Lake City, Utah
- AO in Spine Surgery, University of Southern California Comprehensive Spine Center
Los Angeles, California
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North American Spine Society
- AOspine North America
- Southern Medical Association
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society