Ted Samaddar, M.D., M.P.H., specializes in treating all injuries and conditions of the hand and upper extremity, including fractures and arthritis of the hand, wrist, and elbow. He has special expertise in treating nerve injuries, including peripheral nerve injuries, compression neuropathies (carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel), complex microsurgical reconstruction, and upper extremity trauma. Dr. Samaddar also specializes in minimally invasive treatment, including endoscopic carpal tunnel release.
Dr. Samaddar completed his specialty training in Hand, Upper Extremity, and Microvascular Surgery from the University of Alabama at Birmingham after completing his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina. During his training, Dr. Samaddar assisted in the care of multiple high school, collegiate, and professional teams, including Charleston Battery Soccer, Charleston Riverdogs Baseball, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and PGA TOUR golf professionals.
Outside of the office, Dr. Samaddar is an avid golfer and outdoorsman. In addition, he enjoys watching football, golf, tennis, and baseball. He and his wife, a Hilton Head Island native, have four children who love spending time on the water and at the local beaches.
- Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Surgery
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Compression Neuropathies
- Microsurgical Reconstruction
- Upper Extremity Trauma
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Augusta University
- Medical College of Georgia
- Mercer University School of Medicine
- Medical University of South Carolina
Charleston, South Carolina
- University of Alabama — Birmingham
- American Society of Surgery for the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- South Carolina Orthopaedic Association